TALENT MANAGEMENT CASE STUDIES
Talent Management – HR Transformation
The goal was to increase annual revenue of a privately owned manufacturing company, with international sales and global growth, by an additional 1B within 3 years.
Partnered with HR executive and senior leaders to determine the scope of needed efficiencies, plus additional functionality and change needed to fully and successfully support this initiative.
VPI’s Senior Consultant
- Gap analysis of functionality and efficiencies needed to support growth
- Facilitated HR leadership team in aligning HR goals and initiatives with business needs and timelines
- Developed buy-in strategy and facilitated key stakeholder process
- Created companywide communication strategy, by team member level
- Advised HR Director and Executives on HR organizational design, including recruitment
- Co-developed position profiles for new leadership roles with recruitment leader
- Advised HR and recruiting leaders throughout the hiring process
Appropriately changed and increased functionality and efficiency through transforming the HR organizational structure and culture. All sub-departments were included, Operations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Leadership and Succession Programs, and Learning and Development.
Talent Management – Career Track Development, with Succession
A medical device and technology company – with increasing revenue, increasing market share and increasing competition – was seeking to decrease their risks of losing top talent. The company leaders were looking to guard its most talented technicians, scientists, engineers, programmers, managers – and all key stakeholders that are part of their “competitive edge”. At this point of the company development, a strategy for high performer retention was required.
VPI partnered with HR leadership to work with key contributors, managers, directors and executives to strategically develop an employer-branding message, career development experience, and learning culture within the company. This initiative was to become a large part of the retention strategy to directly influence high performers to grow within the company.
- Recorded all company resources that directly or indirectly helped to develop talent
- Analyzed attrition information among high performers and key stakeholders at all levels
- Researched industry departmental organization charts
- Interviewed department directors to determine skills and resource gaps, with an organizational development discussion
- Surveyed contributors at all levels about organizational culture, values and behaviors, in regards to employer branding
- Identified position gaps, potential paths for upward career mobility and lateral professional growth
- Facilitated the alignment of position leveling guide and career tracks, with compensation benchmarking
- Developed career track structure and training curriculum; advised on mentoring programs for all levels
Paths for growth and retention for high potentials were developed for every level. A unique and authentic employer branding message was integrated into the internal communications and marketing strategy. VPI assisted implementation, advised on the process for choosing a Learning Management Systems (LMS), and developed the surveys and discovery for benchmarking success metrics and continuous improvement. VPI continued to assist the change engagement and change management process through the early phases of initial rollout.