Decision Science – Meta Evaluation
An age-related government agency needs to create and evaluation for tiling results from 55 counties program evaluations, determine trend data and publish out puts and outcomes.
VPI has short turnaround time for this Gen X organization to assemble information, analyze data and determine outcomes. A qualified team of VPI experts are assembled for a 12 week intense project with weekly check-in.
- Works with contact clarifying research question
- Develops research plan
- Creates internal tools to handle large number of data points
- Conducts analysis
- Determines best practices research is required to meet client objectives
- Conducts and publishes best practices research
- Writes draft final report
The meta-evaluation is completed on time and on budget. VPI is asked to present results with client to an all-state conference of the 55 counties involved.
Decision Science – SharePoint Technology Optimization
A government agency intends to move from an Oracle-based system to share communication Microsoft tool, SharePoint, further field and office personnel. They purchased the software but do not have time for process engineering or design work. Contacts are looking for enhanced communication, increase consistency and to make their employees jobs easier.
VPI must match management criteria to employee needs and envision potential design elements which would fulfill all requirements. VPI must also identify trouble spots and workarounds to engage employees across all generations early since they have had less than positive results with other technology upgrades. Resistance coming from Gen X due to lack of previous results.
- Facilitates visioning session with senior management
- Builds employee survey to determine expectations
- Conducts focus groups to understand agency landscape before process engineering and design can be done
- Evaluates current technology usage
- Recognizes the influence of the multigenerational workforce motivations
- Provides recommendations and action plans
- Convenes biweekly Advisory Council with representatives from each branch office with varied level of commitment to technology
- Requests senior management weekly check-in meeting
- Interview staff for process engineering study
- Develops design blueprint
- Design SharePoint tool to client specifications
- Develops weekly communiqué from VPI contacted staff to decrease confusion and increased understanding of the initiative
- Trains staff via five webinars with troubleshooting training in-person once with each office
- Creates intense reporting functionality
Agency upgrades technology in six months versus the original 12 month plan with organizational buy-in. VPI earns potential phase 2 with client.